Saturday, September 20, 2003

Georgetown Film Fest: Highlights
Last night, I went and finally saw my friend Robyn Bennett's short film, "Table for Two." Beautifully shot and wonderfully written, it's a hilarious look at dating and the absurd lengths men and women go to impress. Two dates, two restaurants, two tables for two. A tremendous amount of work went into the film and that shows on the screen. I was present for part of the filming last year and wrote an article about the production.

Of course, I'm biased, but "Table for Two" was the highlight of the film block it was in. But there were several other interesting short films as well. "The Diner" by John Roper was both clever and moving. The movie was produced by taking hundreds of still photos and then weaving them together a la Ken Burns. I was also impressed by "What are You Having?" by Benjamin Meyer. It's a perfect short film about lost chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home